Touch your mothers heart by saying or writing these sentimental Mothers Day quotes in cards, letters or gift wraps.
1. My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch.- Jack Nicholson
2. God made mothers because he couldn't be everywhere.
- Yiddish Proverb
3. A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.
- Tenneva Jordan
4. The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.
- Theodore Hesburgh
5. Of all the roles I've played, none has been as fulfilling as being a mother.
- Annette Funicello
6. A mom’s hug lasts long after she lets go.
- Author Unknown
7. I know how to do anything—I'm a mom.
- Roseanne Barr
8. My mom and I have always been really close. She's always been the friend that was always there. There were times when, in middle school and junior high, I didn't have a lot of friends. But my mom was always my friend. Always.
9. I think while all mothers deal with feelings of guilt, working mothers are plagued by guilt on steroids!
- Arianna Huffington
10. Don`t forget Mother`s Day. Or as they call it in Beverly Hills, Dad`s Third Wife Day.
- Jay Leno
11. A mother is a mother still, The holiest thing alive.
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge
12. This heart, my own dear mother, bends,
With love's true instinct, back to thee!
- Thomas Moore
13. A mother understands what a child does not say.
- Jewish Proverb
14. A Mother's Love
Your arms were always open when I needed a hug. Your heart understood when I needed a friend. Your gentle eyes were stern when I needed a lesson. Your strength and love has guided me and gave me wings to fly.
- Sarah Malin
15. Youth fades; love droops, the leaves of friendship fall; A mother's secret hope outlives them all.
- Oliver Wendell Holmes, physician and poet
16. I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.
- Abraham Lincoln, U.S. President
17. You may have tangible wealth untold;
Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold.
Richer than I you can never be -
I had a mother who read to me.
- Strickland Gillilan
18. Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children.
- William Makepeace Thackeray
19. Who ran to help me when I fell,
And would some pretty story tell,
Or kiss the place to make it well?
- Ann Taylor
20. A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavour by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.
- Washington Irving (1783-1859)